Air Transat, Icelandair and Norwegian Air Shuttle are the least punctual airways in Britain, analysis from Which? has discovered.
The patron group analysed touchdown occasions for 850,000 flights at 25 UK airports and located that on common solely 75% of all flights arrived on time.
Dutch airline KLM was probably the most punctual provider, adopted by Qatar Airways.
Air Transat was probably the most tardy, with solely 55% of flights touchdown inside 15 minutes of their deliberate arrival time.
Icelandair and Norwegian weren’t significantly better, with on-time efficiency charges of 56% and 60%, respectively.
A spokesperson for Montreal-based Air Transat mentioned it was not wholly chargeable for its low punctuality rating.
“The statistics on this report don’t take note of the delays brought on by components past our management comparable to climate and air visitors management.
“When these components are excluded, our punctuality charge is actually 78%.”
Icelandair additionally blamed points comparable to air visitors strikes in addition to renovations at Reykjavik airport for its efficiency.
Payouts for unpunctuality
Passengers who journey on delayed flights from the UK are entitled to compensation below EU guidelines. However that may not apply if flights are delayed because of components comparable to excessive climate or airport strikes.
A spokesperson for the Civil Aviation Authority mentioned new measures had been just lately launched for passengers who had been discovering extracting compensation from airways troublesome.
“Final yr we launched various dispute decision to the aviation business so passengers, who’ve been unable to resolve a grievance with an airline, can get an impartial resolution that the airline should abide by,” they mentioned.
“Almost 80% of passenger journeys from the UK at the moment are coated by airways who’re signed as much as dispute decision providers.”
EU flight delay rights
- In case your flight departed the European Union or was with a European airline, you might need rights below EU legislation to say if the delay or cancellation was inside the airline’s management
- In case your flight’s delayed for 2 or extra hours the airline should supply food and drinks, entry to telephone calls and emails, and lodging should you’re delayed in a single day – together with transfers between the airport and the resort
- In the event you arrive greater than three hours late in a journey of lower than 1,500km you might be entitled to €250 in compensation from the airline
- In the event you arrive greater than three hours in a journey spanning greater than 1,500km, however inside the EU, you will get €400 in compensation from the provider
- Journeys to non-EU locations greater than three,000km away that arrive between three and 4 hours late put you in line for €300 in airline payouts, whereas delays longer than 4 hours to those locations are due €600 in compensation.
Have you ever been on a delayed flight? E-mail us at
You too can contact us within the following methods:
- Tweet: @BBC_HaveYourSay
- WhatsApp: +447555 173285
- Textual content an SMS or MMS to 61124 (UK) or +44 7624 800 100 (worldwide)
- Please learn our phrases & situations